OASIS, FLORAL WIRE OR KENZAN AS A BASE FOR A FLOWER ARRANGEMENT.
Each product has its own pros and cons, from environmental friendliness to ease of use.
We will tell you about them and explain the reasons for our choice.
Kenzan is a heavy metal base with vertical needles, needles can be metal, sometimes plastic. Kenzan is a Japanese invention that appeared at the end of the 19th century with the popularization of the Moribana style (one of the trends of ikebana).
Kenzan is most commonly used in opaque vases. The shape of the vase can be high or almost flat with small sides, the kenzan will be masked by flowers, and this is its main difference and advantage from sponge or wire. It allows you to create an interesting composition with a minimum number of flowers. In order to make the most of kenzan, you can make an upward composition with flowers situated at different levels.
How do I use it?
You will need:
- floristic plasticine
- kenzan of the required size and shape
Fixe Kenzan on the floral plasticine at the bottom of the vase. And then begin to string flower by flower on kenzan needles. Note that it is best to use flowers with thick stems so they stick well to the needles and do not break.
First, about the pros:
- kenzan is definitely environmentally friendly. Because it can be reused.
- it helps to create an interesting multi-level arrangement of flowers with thick stems (as opposed to a sponge)
- ideal for interior decoration
- the scope of use is limited due to its weight and small size
The chain-link mesh makes it possible to create volumetric compositions in wide vases. There are no restrictions on the type of flower. They will stand in the composition in the direction you want. Outwardly, the bouquet looks like it was made in a floral sponge.
How do I use it?
You will need:
- a piece of chain-link mesh
- a vase or other container for your future composition
First, you need to crush the mesh, give it the shape of a vase so that it fits tightly inside. Next, pour water into the vase and you can start the creative process. Remember to keep the stems of all the flowers in the water.
- environmental friendliness (it is possible to reuse and the metal is easy to recycle)
- suitable for large and voluminous vases
- does not require a lot of flowers
- can only be used in ceramic, glass or metal containers. (There should be no protective plastic, otherwise the mesh will tear it.)
Well, most of the florist companies creating their compositions in baskets or hat boxes have this material a priority.
A dry and light material that does not require special storage conditions, it is easy to transform, and is already sold in the most popular forms (heart, ball, square, and so on). Allows you to create compositions using a variety of low to medium height flowers. If you want to create a hanging or vertical composition, the sponge can be secured with a net or floral tape to the desired surface.
- flowers last longer in a floral sponge
- there is no need to change the water, just add a bit of fresh water once every 1-2 days
- the ability to use the material on large surfaces
- easily cut to the shape of the container for the bouquet
- not environmentally friendly material (the sponge is not recyclable). Therefore, we recommend a reasonable consumption of the material.
And so, you probably already guessed that our favorite is the floral sponge. Precisely because we create our compositions in hat boxes and baskets and it is important for us that the flowers, make the client happy as long as possible.