Peonies are only in season for a really short period , from late April to mid-June.
Favorite flowers of many, invariable hit of wedding bouquets from year to year. A bright composition of fragrant peonies is always pleasing to the eye. It’s a perfect way to show token of appreciation, love and tenderness.
With proper care, peonies will delight the eye for up to 2 weeks.
HOW TO STORE PEONIES IN A VASE WITH WATER LONGER:
- The darker the vase, the better. The sun's rays penetrating the water promote the growth of bacteria.
- The capacity of the vase must be large. Peonies do not like neighborhood and close contact with others. They are comfortable when the buds are only slightly touching.
- Choose a deep bowl so the 3/4 of the stems can fit in the water. Then they will be fully nourished.
- To prevent the peonies from withering in the vase, remove all the leaves touching the water. In stagnant water, it begins to rot and flowers may die.
- Do not place the composition in a draft, in direct sunlight, next to fruits and radiators.
- If you notice a withering bud, do not regret it and remove it. It will not be possible to rehabilitate the flower, but it will absorb nourishing components.
DO I NEED TO CUT THE PEONEONS IN A VASE AND HOW TO DO IT CORRECTLY?
- Cut the stems of purchased peonies obliquely under running water. Then make one vertical incision 1.5-2 cm long in each. This will increase the area of absorption of nutrients.
- Change the water every day and cut the stems. Prepare the liquid in advance - peonies love clean water that has been settled for a day.
HOW TO REANIMATE PEONIES IN A VASE
If you brought flowers from the store and they started to wither, you can try to revive them. To do this, you need to abundantly moisturize not only the stem, but also the leaves and the bud. There are two ways to revive cut peonies:
1. Spray the flowers generously with cool, standing water. Make sure that the liquid gets on each petal - this will freshen the peonies in the vase.
2. Make a paper cap and cover the bouquet with it. Moisten the paper so that it is saturated with moisture. Let the composition stand under the hood until it dries. A damp environment will freshen the buds.